Shalom, Shalom, my deep sisters!
How are you all doing? I believe you are all doing great.
I gladly welcome you, my sisters, to this new week; I have officially tagged this week as The Fast Week. I believe we are all looking forward to this fast, getting prepared for it and doing a mental countdown to it.
In case you’re wondering, it’s Tolu here, and I want to give a quick guide on the June fast, which is starting on the 1st of June to the 3rd of June, 2023. I will also share the fast resources in this blog post. This is to prepare the soil of our hearts to receive all the Father has for us.
The theme of our June fast, as you already know, is “An invitation to Divine Partnership”. Our anchor Scripture for the fast is 2 Peter 1:3, MSG
Everything that goes into a life of pleasing God has been miraculously given to us by our getting to know, personally and intimately, the One who invited us to God. The best invitation we ever received!2 Peter 1:3, MSG
Let me whet our appetite a little so we will know what the Father has called us to in the month of June and forever.
Divine Partnership with God is the ability to work together with God towards the same vision. Our partnership with God is what fuels us to attain uncommon results. It empowers us as His daughters to flow in divine wisdom, be more than a conqueror, be a strong woman in a safe place, live in the fullness and blessings of Eden, and remain unshakeable. Our partnership with God in every sphere of influence that we are in is such a great privilege. God has chosen us and given us the grace for our responsibility. Yes, He has.
Here is a quote on partnership with God.
“If God is your partner, make your plans BIG!”D.L. Moody
I will share our prefast resources first; these will truly help us to understand the power of fasting available to us. A WILD sister said these resources are preparing the way for us, just like John the Baptist prepared the way for Jesus Christ; so, ensure to lambano them before we begin the fast.
- Understanding The Power of Fasting by Myles Munroe
- The Power of Fasting by Stephanie Ike
- The Power of Fasting 2 by Stephanie Ike
- How To Sharpen Your Spiritual Discernment and Sensitivity by Apostle Joshua Selman.
I would also like you to add the book, Prayer and Fasting by Pastor Kingsley Fletcher, to your fasting resources. This book is my gamechanger, download here.
In addition to the prefast resources, here are the fast resources and guidelines that have been graciously put together for our engagement, consumption, and use during the fast. Click the link to download.
My Deep Sisters, y’all know we are well fed in The WILD! These resources are like healthy, yummy, delicious Jollof rice garnished with chicken and salad.
Let me further share some of the fast focus with you, ’cause this is super nice:
- A deep teaching on the relationship between justification, sanctification, and consecration.
- A deeper teaching on meeting our host and senior partner, the most welcoming host you could ever meet.
- A deepest (my word) teaching on the special guest; that’s me and you, sisters.
Let me stop here (lol), but guess what, sisters? We are having a state visit, no jokes. I’m so looking forward to this!Want to know more about the state visit? Read it in the fast resources shared here again.
Ohhh Myyyy, we eat well in The WILD Community!!!
“A state visit is a formal visit by the head of state of one country to the head of state of another country. A state visit is the highest level of international visit, and its purpose is to confirm the good relationship between the countries concerned.”
Struggling with fasting or would love to go deeper in your fasting capacity, here are little tips on how to prepare to fast:
- Make a commitment to fast.
- Write down your fast focus.
- Start to talk about the fast to your family and friends. It will hold you accountable.
- Start to shut down all forms of distraction early and in bits.
- Buy all the required fruit and food resources for the fast, and make sure you have enough.
- Begin to adjust your body to the new reality.
- Desire in your heart not to miss any prayer watch. God honors the desires of our hearts.
- Write down your fast confession, prayer request, and prepare your journal.
- Prepare your mind and pray to God to strengthen you during the fast. He will renew your strength daily.
- Lastly, start to engage the resources shared early enough.
Lastly, we continue to use the same pathways that we used for our May fast: Pathway Rainbow, Daniella, or Mary. See the pictures below to know more about the pathways.
I know all my sisters are excited about this fast because I am. I really want to encourage you to invite your loved ones to this partnership, also: tell a friend or a sister about the 3 days delicious buffet we are having in The WILD.
Heyyy, Jesus girls, we are deep daughters given to godly sound practices: we pray, we read and study our bibles, we worship, we give, and we fast. God is calling us into a higher and deeper dimension with Him, make every effort, sisters, to say “Yes” to His call to divine partnership. We say Yes, Yes and Yes!!!
I love you all, sisters, and I can’t wait to see y’all on Wednesday/Thursday morning, 12.00 am WAT, for our first watch.
PS: We would not be having our Wednesday fast.